
The cutest grandparents ever! On the trek we were the grandparents of our little family. They called a Laurel and a Priest to be the Ma and Pa and they were in charge. We were just there to make sure no one got hurt.

Our family. The kids arrived at the church for the trek at 5:30 am to find out that they were in assigned families. They were given a number and told to find their family. They weren't with their friends or even people from their ward. We didn't know anybody anyways so it didn't really matter. Though it would have been nice to have some kids from our ward, but whatever we had a great family.

Walking through the mud. Probably the best part of the whole thing. :) (I am being serious it was a lot of fun going through the mud).

This was a huge muddy and unexpected hole. There was a huge drop off the went right up to my thigh. You can see me in the background with two of my girls. The three of us decided to cross the mud holding hands, we could have walked around it, but I'm glad we didn't. Luckily, we were holding hands, or I would have fallen at the drop off, my girls held me up. A lot of flip flops were lost in the mud. Note to people in charge of the next trek: flip flops are not good water or mud shoes.

Going as a grandparent was the best way to go. It sounds horrible but I could get away with not doing anything, unlike the kids. I only pushed the cart once during the Women's Pull, "Oh you want dinner, you better go get it," "What clean up time, I guess you better do that." Our family was really great. They were hard workers and very proactive about helping. Since they were all away from their friends it was hard to keep them together. That was the most tiring part, getting the kids to stay together. All in all it was a lot of fun. Will we do this again in four years...maybe ask us in eight.
you guys look like awesome grandparents. I am glad that you had so much fun!
ReplyDeletei am glad you survived trek and had fun. only you could manage to go to trek and get out of doing the work! ;)
ReplyDelete